Leak Detector is the tool set for a test of memory leaks, for an application using memory allocation functions like malloc(), free(), and so on.
- leakdetector-20040118.tar.gz released. POSIX threads supported.
- leakdetector-20031229.tar.gz released. Creation of a new process with fork(2) supported.
- leakdetector-20030924.tar.gz released.
- FreeBSD or Linux
- Berkeley DB (only for Linux)
- GNU binutils (only for FreeBSD)
How to build
% tar zxf anywhere/leakdetector-yyyymmdd.tar.gz
% cd leakdetector
% vi Config.h
% xmkmf -a
% make install
- the library to hack calls to memory allocation functions (malloc(3), calloc(3), realloc(3), free(3)) of the application, and writes them and the stack trace to a log file. This should be statically linked with the application you want to test.
- the program to read the file that libld(3) creates, and write it in the human-readable format to the standard output.
- the program to collect garbages in the file that libld(3) creates, writing them to the standard output in the same format.
Last modified: Sun May 11 09:25:09 JST 2008